10 Helpful Projector Care Tips
| Ariful Islam
It is important to know how to keep your projector functioning at its best.
In this article, we provided in depth ways on how you can keep your projector tuned up and operating smoothly.
Below are a few tips and guidelines.
• Your projector comes with a manual, read it. It should include operational information exclusive to your projector.
• Familiarise yourself with the unit before you use it for your first presentation or event.
• For a long lamp life, don’t unplug it instantly after use. Always allow your projector to cool completely before turning off or unplugging it.
• Don’t let it heat up. Excessive heat can greatly shorten your lamp life.
• Don’t place your projector in direct sunlight or near a heat source.
• Change the filter if applicable, or as specified in your user manual.
• Use an air filter if applicable. Don’t operate your projector without it. Doing so can draw dust into the optics of the projector, which can then be projected onto your screen.
• Avoid smoky environment where you operate your projector. This can cause damage to the optics of the unit and can void your warranty.
• Store your projector in a cool, dry area. When not in use, you can place it in the shipping box for a safe and secure storage. If you are shipping your projector in the future, the safest way to pack your unit is by putting it in the original box and packing material.
• If the projector is mounted to the ceiling, make sure that the area near the intake fan is kept clean and not in the direct line of any air or heat vents.
• To achieve the optimal image quality, always keep your lens clean. Use a lens cloth which can be purchased at a camera store. It is the safest way to clean the lens.
ABIS has been in the business of providing you high quality products. Check our website for the perfect projectors that you will surely love.